With Summer finally here and with most people planning a getaway at some point this season, I thought it would be nice to put together a checklist of things that you could do in preparation for summer travels or even a staycation. Sometimes the preparation that comes with planning a getaway is half the fun and can really help to get you in the mindset of gong away and having a lovely time. Not to mention the good feeling that comes with knowing that you are thoroughly prepared and ready for your holiday.
- Write Lists; It is good practice to write a few lists in preparation for your holiday things you can include on your list are things to pack in your luggage or things that need to be done before your trip
- Have a self care session / Pamper day; Set aside a day or two when you can treat yourself to some pamper sessions in preparation for the holiday. Personal self care can be fun and a good way to unwind and relax after a long day. Things you can do are: treat yourself to a pedicure and manicure, have a long luxurious soak in the bath, haircare, moisturise and look after your skin, have a facial, listen to some relaxing chilled music that gets you in the holiday mood.
- Eat Healthy; No one wants to go on holiday and feel bloated or spotty and everyone would love to look their best on holiday. It makes sense then to eat as healthily as you possibly can in the lead up to the holiday to ensure that you are looking and feeling your best in those holiday outfits and swimwear we all love. So that means more organic whole foods and less processed fare.
- Get Organised; Planning things to wear and putting together holiday outfits can be a fun way to get ready for your getaway. It is also great for ensuring that you only pack what you really need and get rid of bulk. Getting your paperwork sorted out also gives you peace of mind that your journey will go smoothly.
- Cosy and Clean; making sure your home and your surroundings are cosy and clean, well organised and clutter free is a great way to ensure that your return is as pleasant and stress free as possible. I mean who wants to walk through the door after a long journey home to a messy and uninviting environment? that just makes things stressful and we need a continuity of calm and relaxation on our return home from what will have been a stress free getaway.
- Look Forward; Having a holiday to look forward to tends to put us at ease no matter what else is going on in our lives so indulge in those feelings and enjoy as it's good for your mental health.
What things do you like to do to prepare for a holiday / vacation?