I recently purchased an all natural eyeshadow palette and I have been wanting to get my hands on this palette from Lily Lolo for quite some time. I got the palette in the Laid bare colour way which contains some lovely neutral shades such as beiges, nudes and taupes as well as darker colours such as browns and black. These colours are great for everyday wear as well as for switching things up at night time with the darker colours and shimmery gold colours. I love the natural ingredients contained in this eyeshadow palette such as Jojoba oil, Pomegranate seed oil and Manuka oil. The ingredients in this palette are clean, natural and vegan friendly which make it great for applying it if you desire on a daily basis without the worry of nasty chemicals on your skin. The colour payoff is quite good too which I was especially worried about on my brown skin but I need not have worried as The colours looked lovely on my skin tone and even better lasted all day without creasing or fading. I must say I felt good that not only did this product look good on me, I was not applying any harmful chemicals to my sensitive skin, it also did not break the bank at £21 which I think is a good price point for this wonderful product. My goal for sometime has been to replace my makeup bag with natural, conscious and earth friendly alternatives while not breaking the bank and I have managed to do this quite well so far. In the future I will be reviewing and talking about some more natural cosmetic products that I have found that have or are working for me. The Lily Lolo palette can be purchased here and as well as Laid bare there are other lovely colour ways such as "Pedal to the Metal" and "Pure Indulgence".
Have you used any of the Lily Lolo eyeshadow palettes?
The temperature continues to drop and the nights are drawing in ever earlier now. Sometimes the change in weather can come with its own set of problems, sometimes we miss the sun and the warmer days of spring and summer and this can have an adverse effect on our mood. Never fear though there are a few things that we can do to combat the dreaded winter blues and leave ourselves feeling cosy, warm and more importantly loved. A little dose of winter self love is all that is needed to rectify the situation. Below are some small things that you can do to get through the dreaded cold and dreary winter days and bring a little sunshine into your life.
- Read a good book or a fun filled magazine
- Watch a funny movie or Tv show
- Run yourself a luxurious bubble bath
- Listen to some music that you enjoy and maybe have a solo dance party!
- Get dressed up for no reason just to feel nice
- Stretch and do some light yoga
- Have a social media detox for an hour
What things do you like to do during winter to get you through the dark days an alleviate the blues?
Whether it's due to hormones or the change in weather, my skin has been in a state lately with me suffering from a few unsightly dry and dark patches on my face. I've been a fan of Elemis products for a while and remembered when I used a sample bottle of the dynamic resurfacing facial wash this summer past. I had some very good results using this facial wash as it really did even out my skin tone. I decided that since I had such wonderful results previously I should take the plunge and purchase a full sized bottle. I am so glad that I did as even though I have been using it for a week so far I can already tell that it is making a big difference to my skin. I use this product to cleanse my skin in the morning and two to three times a week it is used with my Foreo Luna face scrub brush. My skin feels cleaner, looks fresher and feels more moisturised although I know that the dark patches on my skin will take time to fade whilst using this, I am sure that in time it will happen and my skin will be back to normal. The facial wash helps to encourage the skin's natural cell renewal cycle and provides gentle exfoliation of any skin cells that contribute to dulling the complexion and this is due to the presence of Tri-enzyme technology patented by Elemis.
To add to my skincare routine, I have also been using the Dr. botanicals tropical invigorating moisturising facial cream. This cream has a light and gel like texture, it is easily applied after my face has been cleansed and toned and easily sinks into the skin and moisturises it beautifully. It doesn't leave a greasy film but allows the skin to be moisturised all day long, after using this cream for only a week my skin is supple and soft, I've definitely noticed a difference. Another thing that I love about the the Dr.botanicals range is that the products are vegan and cruelty free, while the Elemis face wash uses natural products like white truffle and babassu and is also cruelty free.
What new products have you discovered lately that are working well for your skin?
Winter is well on the way and with it comes all kinds of dry skin conditions. One of the most used and often neglected parts of our body is our lips they tend to get chapped and dry and flaky. Thankfully there is a way to combat these conditions. Firstly it is important to cleanse our lips simply using water and a warm wash cloth to moisten the area. Next to get rid of any dead skin cells we can use a simple lip scrub to slough off the dead skin this can be a natural lip scrub that you can buy or a simple recipe you can put together by combining some ingredients that can be found in your kitchen cupboards such as natural brown sugar and combining it with some olive or almond oil. This combination can be mixed into a paste and used to exfoliate the lips.
After the lips have been exfoliated, wipe off any residue with a warm damp cloth. The next stage in lip care is to replenish any moisture that has been lost and protect the skin on our lips with some form of lip care that provides both much needed moisture as well as protection from the elements. It is important to choose a lip product that is not only versatile but also free of any chemical nasties. The more natural the lip product the better as most conventional lip products not only contain harmful ingredients but ingredients that can end up drying out the lips even further than they already are on application. I recently bought and have been using a great all natural lip scrub and balm duo from Frank body which gets the job done with beautiful results and no nasties involved as the line is all naturally derived and cruelty free.
Here is an in-depth review of some effective lip products that you can check out
what are some of the natural products you like to use to look after your lips?
With autumn now in full swing and winter fast approaching, I've been thinking of ways to make waking up in the morning a little easier especially when it is barely daylight when it is time to wake up from our slumber. I am hoping that these tips will be helpful not only to myself but to anyone else who could do with some good encouragement in the mornings to start the day.
- No Snoozing; Try not to hit the snooze button when your alarm goes off! choose the time you wish to wake up and tell yourself snoozing is not an option.
- Hydrate; I like to start my mornings with a mug of warm water with a few slices of lemon. this serves two purposes firstly it helps to hydrate your body and it also helps to kickstart your metabolism as well as keeping those pesky cold bugs at bay this time of year.
- No phone; In this digital age it has become a habit of ours to reach for our phones as soon as we open our eyes. Try not reaching for your phone for a mini morning digital detox, notifications and social media can wait a while!
- Focus on today; No matter what happened yesterday, it is now in the past focus on the here and now, the new day and all it's new possibilities
- Let in some natural light; I know, I know, natural light can be scarce this time of the year especially here in the UK first thing in the morning but it's a good idea to get as much naturall light as you possibly can as it can help lift the mood.
- Make your bed; Making your bed in the morning not only make your room neater but also ensures that come bedtime you have a nice neat and well made bed to sleep in again.
- Exercise; It is a good thing to do some light exercise in the morning like stretching or yoga as this can set you up for the whole day making you feel invigorated and ready to deal with anything that comes your way.
- Have Breakfast; After exercising a nice healthy and nutritious breakfast eaten with attention is another great way to set you up for the day ahead.
- Read / Journal; Try reading something lighthearted, positive or motivational in the morning. Alternatively a bit of journalling is a great way to set you up for the day by setting up goals
- Listen to music; Listening to music that you love is a great way to start the day whether this is something soothing to calm you down or upbeat to get you up and going it's a good mood lifter
What things do you like to do in the morning to help you start your day right?